Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2012

Being Blessed Through Singleness

I just saw a video on Facebook of a friend's new boyfriend singing an absolutely precious song he wrote just for their 1 month anniversary. They're already so in love. Without helping it, I immediately fell into a well of wanting what I don't have.

 A sweet boy. Someone by my side. Cute pictures. Snuggling. Someone that fits my puzzle piece. My longings don't stem from avoiding being alone. A girl with 19 single years under her belt isn't exactly concerned with being alone; I'm already watching many of my friends fall in love, get engaged, and plan their weddings. I'm not infected with the wedding bug, and I'm not obsessed with being with somebody, anybody. I'd probably be out chasing boys right now instead of writing a post about being blessed in singlehood if I were walking that path.

I know with sincerity that wanting to find the one for me isn't wrong. God knows the desires of my heart and He hears them. But I do know that losing sight of God's precious plan for my future days is far worse than being single a million and one days. So, I will wait with an open, patient heart for the "right one". But I won't just sit and wait away my days. I will embrace my indepenence in going alone friends wedding. I'll dance anyway. I will travel, bake, read, photograph, write, and explore the beautiful life I've been given with God. Sometimes I'll still long and hope for a special boy, I'll still watch Say Yes To the Dress like it's my job, and  I'll sigh over my friends' beautiful happiness. That's okay. I'm happy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment